1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

SLC photowalk shot

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by waltny, Aug 2, 2009.

1. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    I took this shot on the SLC photowalk. I find myself defending the building tilt and the fact of the clown and people down at the end of the table. For me as the photographer I feel a strong attachment to it, and reminds me of an eye catching front page or magazine cover(too optimistic?). Anyhow a photo similar to it won for our particular walk as seen on this blog. So in the street photography genre where does this shot need work? Clone out the people toward the back of the photo, correct the tilt of the building, or just abandon the notion of this being a good shot? Thanks

balloonscity.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. I like it a lot. It might not work as well if the balloon archway wasn't in it, but I think it's a great shot!

3. I never pay any attention to those who say every photo must be perfectly level.

By the way, I love your photo — a stately building with a clown and balloon arch. Can't ask for more!

4. daveR1

daveR1

Feb 29, 2008
    salt lake city
    Great shot Tim.

5. The thing that bugs me about it is that we're looking at everyone's backs- if they were facing the camera or one-another I think it'd be much better, but it just kind of tells me we're missing something interesting on the left...

Paul

6. I like it. A unique look at the C&C Building.

7. Awesome shot. Props

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.