Sleeping Bear Cub - Smoky Mountains

Discussion in 'Birds' started by KeithL, Apr 22, 2007.

1. KeithL

KeithL

Mar 3, 2006
    Southern Ohio
    I was in the Smoky Mountains last week and saw five bears at three different locations. This cub was taking a nap among the wildflowers while the mom and other cub were eating.
    original.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2007
  2. awwwww, how precious is that! Nice photo BTW!

3. That is a scary time to be around the mom. Looks pretty peaceful.

4. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Your image was showing up as a red 'x' for me, due to the way you linked. Right-clicking the image and getting the URL from properties dialog won't work consistently; the image will show for you since it's in your cache, and it may show for others but it may not. A pbase image link should like like this:

[noparse] original. [/noparse]

(or you can substitute large/medium/small in place of original). This is just the address you'd see in the address bar when viewing the gallery page for that photo, with a jpg extension added.

For more info, see this page: http://www.pbase.com/help/direct_linking&id=465

That said, I did find the bear image in your gallery and it's quite nice. You've also got a lot of great landscape images in that gallery, I enjoyed looking through them.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent catch and shot

6. KeithL

KeithL

Mar 3, 2006
    Southern Ohio
    Thanks for the advice and compliments Jeff. This is the first photo post I've made here. Here is another try:

original.

7. just fantastic!!!

8. Nice capture, Keith.
    Unfortunately I can only see bears in the zoo. Fortunately without having to hassle with an angry mom. :wink: