Slide/Film Scanners - v500 vs v700

I want to get a scanner and have been reading many of the posts here. I will be scanning 35mm slides and negetavies. I believe the V500 or V700 wiil be my choice. My question is what are the advantages of the V700 over the V500. Also, I may want to print some of these, no larger than 8x12, and will either of these produce a decent quality print?

I'll appreciate any info you can give me. Or shouldI be looking at othe scanners in that price range?

I want to get a scanner and have been reading many of the posts here. I will be scanning 35mm slides and negetavies. I believe the V500 or V700 wiil be my choice. My question is what are the advantages of the V700 over the V500. Also, I may want to print some of these, no larger than 8x12, and will either of these produce a decent quality print?

I'll appreciate any info you can give me. Or shouldI be looking at othe scanners in that price range?
If you're going to be scanning a lot of slides I would go with the V700. It's higher dmax will render better shadow detail than the V500. Either one will do a decent job with negatives. I regularly get good prints from the scans on my V500. Hope this helps. For the price of the V700 you also might want to take a look at the Microtek i900 which is the scanner I would buy if I were looking at the present time. It does glassless scans.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom