1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Slide/Film Scanners - v500 vs v700

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Ken K, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Ken K

Ken K

Dec 10, 2007
    Cincinnati Ohio
    I want to get a scanner and have been reading many of the posts here. I will be scanning 35mm slides and negetavies. I believe the V500 or V700 wiil be my choice. My question is what are the advantages of the V700 over the V500. Also, I may want to print some of these, no larger than 8x12, and will either of these produce a decent quality print?

I'll appreciate any info you can give me. Or shouldI be looking at othe scanners in that price range?

2. If you're going to be scanning a lot of slides I would go with the V700. It's higher dmax will render better shadow detail than the V500. Either one will do a decent job with negatives. I regularly get good prints from the scans on my V500. Hope this helps. For the price of the V700 you also might want to take a look at the Microtek i900 which is the scanner I would buy if I were looking at the present time. It does glassless scans.

3. Do a search for Minolta film scanners.
    They are all of excellent quality.
    William Rodriguez
    Miami, Florida.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.