Slide scanning services

Can anyone recommend a slide scanning service? A close friend has about 7500 slides mounted in Sawyer trays catalogued in chronological order, and he would like to have them scanned in that order.

He has a flatbed scanner that will do 4 slides at a time, but each four takes about five minutes.

I highly recommend ScanCafe.com. Wait for at least a 30% off sale unless your friend is on an important schedule. If they operate the same as a long time ago when I used them, he can send the slides in the tray or save money and send them in boxes. (The savings is because it takes the technician so much less time if he doesn't have to remove them and replace them one at a time in the tray.) They scanned mine in the order I gave them and named the electronic files using my custom nomenclature at no extra charge.

I highly recommend ScanCafe.com. Wait for at least a 30% off sale unless your friend is on an important schedule. If they operate the same as a long time ago when I used them, he can send the slides in the tray or save money and send them in boxes. (The savings is because it takes the technician so much less time if he doesn't have to remove them and replace them one at a time in the tray.) They scanned mine in the order I gave them and named the electronic files using my custom nomenclature at no extra charge.
Thanks, Mike. I'll pass that along.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom