Slide Show Software

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by TedB, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Not sure where to post this, hopefully this will work.

I'm trying to find what software is recommended to use to produce a simple slide show with a bit of background music. This is strictly for home use (putting vacation photos or trip photos together), nothing fancy. I've looked at ProShow Gold for example an it seems fine...just thought I'd bounce this off all of you and see if there are any favorite applications out there that you would recommend.

2. I don't know whether you are mac or pc
    but the mac comes with iphoto which will
    do what you are looking for.

Cheers,
    Robin

3. For Mac, I use iDVD. Very simple to use and you can mix videos and slide shows in a single DVD.

4. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Proshow Gold is great.

5. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I used Ulead Video Studio 8. I'm sure there is a newer version by now. This allows me to output my slide shows to DVD. We also have a digital camcorder and this software works to import my digitial videos.

Upside--Easy to use. Has a lot of transitions and text effects. My daughters learned how to use it in about 15 minutes and have made really fun slide shows of their friends and activities.

Downside--DVD's take quite a while to render and burn.

6. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
  7. Thanks all for your input........I'll look into your suggestions.

And just to clarify, this is for a PC, forgot to specify.