1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Slides and Prints

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by TZ250, Aug 29, 2008.

1. TZ250

TZ250

Jul 16, 2008
    Ohio, USA
    Everyone,
    It's been a while since I shot film. Three weeks ago I received my new D300; three days ago I bought a F100 and F5 from the same gentleman. :smile:

Earlier today, I stopped by a local camera shop. My request was simple. All I wanted was Kodachrome. They no longer carry it. This shop has always pushed Fuji, so I asked for Velvia. They no longer carry it. I would expect that from a box store, but not from a 'real' camera shop.:confused: 

Do people still use prepaid mailers? I miss shooting slides. That is the reason for the F5 and F100.

Also, I noticed that Adorama has 11X14 prints for $1.99 until August 31. What do 'Silk' and 'Metallic' papers look like, assuming that the same image was printed on each?

Thanks in advance. BTW, I just found this section of Nikon Cafe. Cool!

Here they are: (the body caps should be here tomorrow)
    DSC_2647_C.
    NIKON D300    ---    46mm    f/4.0    1/160s    ISO 200

2. B&H my friend, www.BHphotovideo.com
    www.Freestylephoto.biz for anything B&H doesn't have.
    http://www.aandi.com/ for Velvia processing.
    http://www.dwaynesphoto.com for Kodachrome processing. Dwayne's is the last Kodak authorized processor in the world for Kodachrome...they are contracted through the end of 2009, so take that into consideration before you buy 30 bricks of the stuff...sniff, sniff.:frown:
    Welcome to the dark side. You just bought three great cameras, enjoy.
    I just bought a few...:redface::rolleyes:  cameras myself...should be a fun weekend.:biggrin:

3. TZ250

TZ250

Jul 16, 2008
    Ohio, USA
    Tim, thanks for the information. I can not find Kodachrome locally. After an exhausting search, locally, I found some Velvia 50.

It's sad that everything is going digital. It is convenient, but not always better. Digital storage is another problem. Hard drives crash and CD's lose information (burned from home). There will be a giant loss of information and culture in the future.

That sounds ironic from someone that just bought a D300. I do like it, but I also took it and the F5 for a walk in the park yesterday.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.