Slideshow Otions(using Mac)

I will start this thread here because I didn't just want to pigeon hole it to the Adobe Processing forum. I would like to make a slideshow and I have limited time to do it. I did some searching here and on Google but I have a broader question.

I have a Mac with LR 2. The slideshow will be of baseball action pictures from this season and I would like to show them as a slideshow at the season ending party this weekend. It's not my house, projector, computer, etc so I am not sure exactly what it is. I will know more tonight when I talk to the parents who are hosting.

Anyhow, I know I can make a slideshow in LR but can I add music to it and export it as a file that can be played in a DVD player? If not what software could I download as a trial and do this? Lastly, I realize the time to do it relies on how elaborate but is this something that can be done in about 5 hours of working time?

You can set it up in iMovie w/ music
Export to iDVD
Burn DVD disc
Play in DVD player
profit?

this is what I ended up doing and it worked well. I was able to quickly "throw something together"....but I can see how I will definitely be using it much more. very cool software and like most other Apple software very easy to figure out and use. The ability to add music from iTunes and drag it and clip it on the fly is so cool.

I exported to iDVD and burned a movie file i could pop right in my BluRay player and worked liek a charm. Now, I did get some of the jaggies and marching ant looking edges BUT I was viewing it on an 8 foot screen I have for my 1080p projector.

The slideshow I made was 10 minutes and was a hit at the party so that's what matters.

I am excited to do more now!!

BTW...I see I can "share" the file from iMovie to iTunes....I assume then that I can sych my iPhone 4 and have the file on there and then use 'AirPlay" to view it? If so.....just another reason Apple rocks.

I don't have a MAC but I'd like to offer you some of my experiences.

At present (if you are creating a DVD) your show is being interpolated down to NTSC or PAL size (768x576) and what is lost there is NON recoverable.

If iMovie is capable of it you should construct your show using 1920x1080 images and export as an H.264 MPEG4 file.

If your TV has a USB port and Media Player you can then plug a key into it and play the MPEG4 from there in true 1920x1080 HD.

Also if your projector has a USB port and Media Player you can do the same.

Alternatively connect your MAC to the projector via HDMI and play the MPEG4 from there in true FULL HD.

I use Pictures To Exe for PC and that's the way I go.

DG

Real Name
Mark
I've followed this approach (iMovie & iDVD) and it works. However the best slideshow SW on the market unfortunately does not work for Mac. ProShow by Photodex is simple, intuitive, has the best options and features of any that I have found. This program is the only reason I still have a Windows PC in the house. Plus it's a pain to move the photos & the music from my Mac to the PC. But it's worth it.
I was really hoping to see what all was listed here as Mac options because I was hoping to hear about something new that had ProShow's features. I've also tried Boinx Fotomagico. Nothing comes close to ProShow.

There isn't a whole lot of software out there for slideshows. I've had to take the Final Cut --> export approach to get it to work as intended. It isn't the ideal way to go, but hey, whoever can create one that works as good as their PC counterpart will make some decent money.

FotoMagico isn't bad, but I agree with Mark that it not as good as ProShow Gold or ProShow Producer. I find it unbelievable that these are not available for the Mac.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom