Slightly different angle

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Gale, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Same building at work. Still playing with the reflections on the glass.

Since this building is located on the river, I can only imagine this happening one day as the hurricanes take away so much sand and earth each time.

comments, critiques and ideas always welcome.

2. Interesting idea, Gale, but it's hard to know what your subject is. I have a suggestion, I think this would be more effective if you removed the top rung (and it's reflection) of the building and replace it with background clouds. I also thing a better delineation between the water and clouds would help.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

3. WHOA!! That is really cool lookin'!! :D :D :D

4. That is the way that some people view the coast of California after the BIG ONE.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Yeah Virginia,

If you didnt see the first one of that building, it sure doesn't make any since. LOLOL

thanks for the Ideas. I may play with it again.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Dawg,

Crazy looking abstract for sure. But it is kinda cool. I like the colors.

I took the picture in that direction and did not like it.
    So this is what emerged.

thanks for you comments.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Gordon,

It is a scary thought. But this will happen one day.

These buildings are to close to the water. Wish I could judge distance. 75 feet maybe. The seawall partly washed out and had to be replaced AGAIN.

I am not much into abstracts.

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  9. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Gale
    I like it very much,you're a talent in these kind of pictures

10. I'm impressed to see that you're not only experimenting with landscapes, but you're also going for abstract landscapes !

Well done !

If you could highlight the interface between the building and the water somehow, I think it would improve the shot. I think the brain understands about water at a fairly low level and expects to see a boundary line at some point. Unfortunately, creating a good solid / liquid boundary is very hard to do - even with quite sophisticated software packages.

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thank You Hans.

Doug,

take at look at the link I posted two posts up. Pretty hard to show a relationship, other than the one I did. I look at it at different angles every day.

Not sure what else to come up with.

Thanks for your kind words.