Slightly different view of Manhattan

We have some HIGHLY talented NYC photographers here, and I VERY much enjoy looking through your threads. Yesterday, while flying home from Charlotte (NC), we had a stop in La Guardia. Thought of y'all while grabbing this shot. :smile:

I felt very unbalanced upending the D3 in my one hand, and holding onto 3mos old James in my lap with the other. :rolleyes: Shot with D3 and 50mm. Cropped to remove a bit of wing and window. :smile:

100312583.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, gretchen
that is AWESOME
you must have had a very NON-SCRATCHED window.... well done

Thanks Greg!

Actually, the window was a mess. I was shooting at an angle to the window and wasn't sure how much mess I was going to include (or not) via DOF selection. I guess I managed to avoid it b/c of the f/4. (ISO 200, 1/4000th at f/4)

Very nice view. I've seen it several times flying back to LaGuardia.

I would crop a little bit more of the left side due to the vignetting I see of the airplane window.

great shot Gretchen

enjoy your upcoming Maine trip
I miss that cool air..........

oh BTW Manhattan..is an:tongue: LOL

Nice capture....I'm usually sitting on the wrong side of the plane and can't capture much.

Very nice view. I've seen it several times flying back to LaGuardia.

I would crop a little bit more of the left side due to the vignetting I see of the airplane window.

Thanks Dez. :smile: I agree with you on the crop, probably won't get it done though, trying to pack to head out to Maine for a week. :smile:

Superb view, never seen this, great shot.

I always think that pilots have a great place in life, all the gorgeous, and uncommon, views they get of things. :smile:

great shot Gretchen

enjoy your upcoming Maine trip
I miss that cool air..........

oh BTW Manhattan..is an:tongue: LOL

Just fixed it, thanks!! :biggrin: We head out tomorrow, can't wait to get up there and leave this humidity behind. :smile:

Nice capture....I'm usually sitting on the wrong side of the plane and can't capture much.

Hubby said I'd get to see it, but we didn't see it on the way down from Boston. On the way home, the pilot was running through what would be where on the trip in, and I thought "oh bummer, Statue of Liberty is on the other side." However, this turned out to be a nice treat!

Very nice!!!! I'll have to remember to have the camera out next time I fly. :D

Well done! So clean... which is usually unheard of on airplane windows..

I was kinda sneaking it out of my "stowed" carry on that was under the seat. :tongue:

That is a beautiful photo. Almost makes me want to visit.

Hahahaa! Well, the guys here who keep posting their fantastic NYC shots had this born & bred Bahstonian looking at train/hotel pricing for a weekend visit. :biggrin:

wow I like it very much.
Why has it always been night or bad weather every time I should have had the opportunity to take a nice pic from the plane!!???:mad:

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
cool shot! Agree should crop just a we bit more

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom