Slightly Steamed

Up chasing trains in Northern NM/CO last month. Finally getting around
to posting some shots, couldn't get on track sooner. :biggrin:

KE6L6967.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 235221

View attachment 235222

View attachment 235223

Love it. It's been many years since I rode that line, did the one-way all day deal. Like the first pic, is that snow on the slope?

PGB

Really cool. My boy Ben really loves trains! I'll have to show him these. I bought him a dvd of the Cumbres and Toltec line last year. We've watched it just shy of about 200,000 times. If it spins anymore its liable to disintegrate in the dvd player.

You know you've watched something too many times when you can recite the whole thing.

Regards,

Love it. It's been many years since I rode that line, did the one-way all day deal. Like the first pic, is that snow on the slope?

Thanks, yeah we hiked through a few feet of snow up by the pass to get into position
for some shots. :smile:

Really cool. My boy Ben really loves trains! I'll have to show him these. I bought him a dvd of the Cumbres and Toltec line last year. We've watched it just shy of about 200,000 times. If it spins anymore its liable to disintegrate in the dvd player.

You know you've watched something too many times when you can recite the whole thing.

Regards,

Thanks, Patrick. LOL my "Cumbres" was Sword and the Stone. Wore out 2 copies back in VHS days watching with my girls. :biggrin:

What a great series. I love steam trains especially when they're running through scenery like that. Neat to see the snow shovel on that engine, do know if they run it in winter?
Well done!
-Kent

What a great series. I love steam trains especially when they're running through scenery like that. Neat to see the snow shovel on that engine, do know if they run it in winter?
Well done!
-Kent
Thanks, Kent. Pretty sure there's WAY too much snow in the passes so I'm thinkin'
late Spring to Fall is when they'd be running. :smile:

These are great. #2 really does it for me, as I think the B&W really adds a certain "mood" to the photo. All are very nice however. You have to love these old steam engines.

These are great. #2 really does it for me, as I think the B&W really adds a certain "mood" to the photo. All are very nice however. You have to love these old steam engines.

Appreciate that, Rich...thanks! :biggrin:

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom