Sling/Messenger/shoulderbag

A couple of weeks ago I posted a thread about the Incase Pro dSLR Sling but I haven't been able to find it for a reasonable price (€200 or higher!) and I'm now looking at other options as well.

I'm looking for a shoulder/messenger/sling type bag which I can access quickly and which I can carry over longer time (no flimsy strap).

Things that need to fit in the bag:
- 2 Bodies (Preferably gripped bodies) with both a prime fitted (24/28/35/50/85 f1.4 sized primes no exotics).
- 1 SB-910 flash (rest will be in my lighting bag)
- 1 Lumiquest LTP softbox
- 1 Trigger set: Phottix Odin transmitter + receiver

And a few smaller nit picks like batteries, a filter of two, cleaning pen and cloth....

So far I've seen interesting bags like the Retrospective series, the 20 or 30 should fit these things but I haven't found any other bags that suited my needs. Any ideas?

I looked inti these "Sling-O-Matic" bags but didn't like the way it would switch shoulders, seemed a bit cumbersome. I wanted something that would function the same on either shooulder in the end, after some testing. Last night I ordered a Retrospective 30. It was €40 off at the time so I grabbed a good deal at the same time.

We'll the Retro 30 is in.

So far I've filled it up with:

D600 + 28 1.8G and hood mounted
D7000 + 50 1.8G and hood mounted

In between those two kits i've got my Sigma 85 1.4 with hood and SB-910. Front pocket is used for triggers and batteries.

Latest threads

Top Bottom