Slo mo woes....

Hi,

I just came back from a trip and have shot thousands of video clips at 1920 x 1080 30p x 4 slow motion.

When I put it into a Davinci Resolve timeline at 30 fps it is stepped horribly. When I adjust the speed to 0.25 it is stepped horribly but much slower. How can I make it slo mo but smooth?

I can not see a 120 fps option on my Z7, maybe a firmware update is required?

Many thanks,

Martin.

Hi Russ, yes, I have just finished an hour long film made of clips and stills.. most of the clips are in 1080 30 x 4 slow motion, the renders are stepped quite badly. It certainly does not look like that on the Z7, but a larger screen often shows up things the smaller screen does not.

I am guessing that I misunderstood "1080 30 x 4 slow motion" to mean 4 times slow motion still at 30 fps. I think in fact it just slows down standard 30 fps by a factor of 4. In which case it is not a lot of use unless you like the 80's pop video look.

Maybe I'm missing something?

Re 120 fps... is that only available with firmware update? My Z7 is fresh out of the box, I am waiting for a card reader to update it. I'm hoping 120 fps is available once that is done.

regards,
Martin.

Ha ha! The owners manual?? ha! Don't be ridiculous! Yep, Nice one. ha ha..

Actually yes, online. Also a previous thread on this forum on the subject, but had no reply.

It is hard for me. I have gone from 35mm straight to mirrorless; never ever had a DSLR, nor ever even mere autofocus, apart from a teeny Canon pocket doodah. I have been principally a travel photographer, and basically make essays about where I'm going or where I am. I came up with cheap Yashicas (FXD's) and Contax bodies, spot metering if you were lucky, fully manual most of the time. No video... I'm playing a really steep game of catch up here.

I am loving the Z7 however. I just spent 3 months in Namibia and am pasting together a series of short films of video clips and stills; landscapes and vistas, people, architecture and animals.

Anyway, thanks for the replies, further investigation is need to assess a potentially colossal balls up.

:)

In the mean time I present a few efforts so far..

I have a 50 f/1.8 and a 14 - 30 f/4. That's it.

regards,

Martin.

Attachments

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom