Slomo milk drops

Some slomo milk drops with 2 different colours, this is so time consuming trying to get the 2 drops aligned, this is about a 2 hour exercise and about 100 shots to get these 4 reasonable shots.

Click on Vimeo for full size.

this is so time consuming trying to get the 2 drops aligned, this is about a 2 hour exercise and about 100 shots to get these 4 reasonable shots.
When using still shots that stop the action, less precision is required. That's because an irregular formation can be as attractive as a regular formation when presented as a still shot. Even so, I had a bad session the other day making still shots when I didn't get anything that I would have remotely considered a keeper until I had captured more than 300 shots. Then, without changing anything important, 25% of the the next 200 shots made the first cull.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
When using still shots that stop the action, less precision is required. That's because an irregular formation can be as attractive as a regular formation as a still shot. Even so, I had a bad session the other day making still shots when I didn't get anything that I would have remotely considered a keeper until I had captured more than 300 shots. Then, without changing anything important, 25% of the the next 200 keepers made the first cull.
Yeah been there.
I gotta say this slow motion is more challenging than still shots, a fraction off with the focus or iso etc and they come out cr*p.

Al

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom