Slow down and enjoy life

A close friend, best friend really, and roommate of 3 years was put on suicide watch tonight... yesterday was a good day.

sorry.. not understanding the statement vs the photo..
is the statement serious or the photo?
sorry.. as it is a serious statement and hope their mental health improves.. but not connecting the photo to the statement

I sincerely hope he'll get proper help and meds. Depression seems to run in my family and it's tough to deal with - especially if it's a chemical embalance. I can see the relation to the photo - balancing precariously almost to the edge of falling - thanks for sharing.

yes. Life goes pretty fast pace now days. We do need to
slow down and observe things around us.

I always remember my friend ( a psychologist ) said
" everything is a external event. You choose how to react"

There is always a choice and always a way out . You decide.

all the best to your friend .

Depression is tough, and for some it can happen for no known reason. I like that you shared a photo of your friend being happy, and right now the best thing you can do is to keep your relationship the same. He doesn't want people to treat him differently, so just keep being his best friend.

I always remember my friend ( a psychologist ) said

... .
I can't say I understand the remark. It reminds me of one I heard in the 1960's..."Wherever you go, there you are." :confused:

I'm a survivor of a family in which my sister committed suicide in her early twenties. She left behind two young sons and her 'choice' seriously affected their lives and ended the life of the unborn child she was carrying. My dad never fully recovered from it. The OP's friend needs quick aggressive intervention and treatment. Virginia's decision was a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I hope and pray he gets the care he needs.

this means everything happens in the world externally ( outside of you)
You choose to be happy or sad ( or how to react ) - You have a choice.

I lost a brother to suicide in 1990 (at 44 yrs old).

I have never been able to understand it.

It is still upsetting to even think about it.

this means everything happens in the world externally ( outside of you)
You choose to be happy or sad ( or how to react ) - You have a choice.
If that's the case I can't agree with it. My sister was posthumously diagnosed with bi-polar disorder. Her choice was dependent on the particular chemical balance in her brain at the time of her suicide; something over which she had no control. All the more need for intervention by those who care for a troubled individual. In this situation it's a start, much more than lot of unfortunate individuals get.

+1 for the intervention plus medicine and friends and family support will help him overcome his depression. Was he diagnosed with any mental condition? If so, we need to understand why he is doing this, this is something he can't control.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I posted the photo with the caption, because I had taken it the day before yesterday. It was a good day, everything went well, etc. The next day didn't go so well... he's getting professional help now.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom