Slow ss of runners

I took images of the leaders yesterday but then slowed my shutter speed to capture movement in legs.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Ian
Cool shots Allan! I've used a similar technique when shooting T&F. I'll be wide enough to capture the whole athlete, and then pan with them as they run. Their head is relatively still, while everything else is moving. It makes for a unique image.

Cool shots everyone! Sometimes I forget to slow the shutter down for these type of photos. I do use slow shutter though when I use flash and rear curtain flash for times I want to get more dramatic flash images.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Cool shots Allan! I've used a similar technique when shooting T&F. I'll be wide enough to capture the whole athlete, and then pan with them as they run. Their head is relatively still, while everything else is moving. It makes for a unique image.
Yes, they can be interesting when they work.

Cool shots everyone! Sometimes I forget to slow the shutter down for these type of photos. I do use slow shutter though when I use flash and rear curtain flash for times I want to get more dramatic flash images.
I did not forget to slow ss but I took many images that I tossed because I wasn't sure what ss I wanted.

Nice stuff, Allan. I have a few of those from races I didn't/couldn't run.
Thanks Nick.

Allan, it's that kind of creativity I miss by myself. I don't know why, but I'm never thinking of this kind of pictures while shooting. Perhaps I'm to much a technician.
I know what you mean Klaus. In this case, however, I was standing in the same spot for more than two hours so I had time to think. :)

Very nice. I also will change it up and drop the shutter speed. While not as slow, here is one I did this last weekend.

iPhone Instagram picture upload, so I’m not sure how it will look on bigger screens.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom