Small Backpack Recommendation

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by barriosa, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Looking for recommendations on a small backpack that can hold a D200 w/battery grip attached & 2 or 2 lenses. Post pics if you got any.

Thanks

2. original.

That's my solution.

If you want to investigate further, go to cambags.com

3. I have but other than the image you just posted, I didn't see any others in the config I mentioned. I will check again.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2007
  4. Lowepro sling aw 200 or aw 300. i use to 200 and carry D200 w/grip 28-70mm, 70-200mm, 50mm, 10-20mm, Sb 800 batteries, flash cards. 80 gig Ipod Olympus 770 SW camera and my wallet. I carry it where ever I go. love this case.

5. another vote for the mini trekkar, just a great bag for the size

6. Just look for configurations like Nikon D1/D2 or Canon 1D. It's about the same size of a D200 with MB-D200....

7. I've done slings and its the same story as shoulder bags. My spine just doesn't like them. I even thought I could keep my tiny little Domke F-3x but after walking around with it for a few hours yesterday I realized that wasn't the case. Look to see it in the for sale section real soon.

I will consider the Mini-Treker thought.

Michael,
    Will, do. For now it looks like the mini-treker is my best bet.

8. I bought the Lowepro Slingshot 300Aw for carrying the 70-200 attached to my D200. It can also carry a couple of lenses and Speedlight.

Very usefull bag and is very comfortable when used all day.

The swivel function is the best part when changing the lens in the field.

9. Yea I'd love to get one but judging by my previous experience with sling bags (Tamrac Velocity and Kata 214) the 300 would give me backaches just like the other two. I've sold or given away all my shoulder bags.

I have a large packback. I need recommendations on a small backpack.

10. Mini Trekker Classic !! Had two cameras, mounted on lenses...
    with two other lenses in the bag, with spare slots. Outside has
    two separate compartments.

I have now gotten another bag so I can hold 3 mounted cameras,
    so I put my small laptop (surrounded by its neoprene bag) in the larger
    of the external compartments. This external compartment is not
    padded so care must be taken but I also have an extra thick neoprene
    bag around the laptop.

Great bag!!!

11. I'm happy to say that I worked out a trade for my Domke F-3X for a Lowepro Micro 200 backpack.

Thanks for your suggestions

12. One thing to consider about the Lowepro Slingshot 300AW. Unlike the others, it has a heavy duty, wide, heavily padded waist belt that takes the weight off your shoulder and transfers it to your hips. When properly adjusted, all the shoulder strap does is keep the bag from flopping over backwards.... the shoulder carries basically no weight.

13. Thanks for the recommendation Michael but since I've already lost money on several slingbags I'll think I'll stick with backpacks for now. Besides I managed to work out a nice trade on my small shoulder bag for a small backpack which my wife has since claimed it at her own.

The search continues.