Small birds (backyard).

Had a little time today and the feeder was really busy so I tried a few out the window.
(6 photos)
Lou

503905597_1fc9b822af_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

503905599_68e08cdb85_o.jpg

503905601_32921399a4_o.png

Lou,
These are wonderful. Question: they are all posed on branches. Is your feeder located in a tree or have you mounted some branches nearby for convenient perches? The shots look so natural. I'm practicing shooting my feeder, but I'm getting tired of metal and plastic in the frame with the beautiful birds.

Very nice work. And BTW, I really like the frames you place around your images, too. So not only are you setting a standard for images, you're challenging me to dig into Photoshop and see if I can come up with a frame half as nice! I may have to switch forums! LOL!

I love backyard birds better than nearly every other kinds. And your captures are marvelous. Thanks for sharing them.

God bless.
Doug

Lou,
These are wonderful. Question: they are all posed on branches. Is your feeder located in a tree or have you mounted some branches nearby for convenient perches? The shots look so natural. I'm practicing shooting my feeder, but I'm getting tired of metal and plastic in the frame with the beautiful birds.

Very nice work. And BTW, I really like the frames you place around your images, too. So not only are you setting a standard for images, you're challenging me to dig into Photoshop and see if I can come up with a frame half as nice! I may have to switch forums! LOL!

I love backyard birds better than nearly every other kinds. And your captures are marvelous. Thanks for sharing them.

God bless.
Doug

Hi Doug, Yes placeing branches for perches is what I did. I have my feeder on a PVC 2 inch pipe with a pulley arragement to raise and lower as I need to take it in at night or have it destroyed by bears. I picked some different size branches from the stone wall fence next to the pasture and with drywall screws I placed then to the PVC pipe in a way that it looks natural and offers support to the pipe angle. The birds need a place to wait their turn at the feeder and just by sitting at the window you get some great photos. I used my Canon 500LIS F4 on these and I am about 18 feet from them so I can keep a FF photo. Should a part of the pipe show I clone it out. Hope this helps. And I thank you for the look.
Lou

Yes I love the frames.
They really set your images off well
Be careful now, you will have to much fun:>))))

Yes I love the frames.
They really set your images off well
Be careful now, you will have to much fun:>))))

Hey that sounds like a country song (I ain't ever having to much fun)

"you got 14 people in the back of that truck
I warned you twice now I'm writeing you up
but officer what have I done
he smiled and said boy youre having to much fun":681: :681:

Lou

Latest threads

Top Bottom