1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

small birds hanging out...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Beagledog, Sep 15, 2018.

1. It is raining in Vancouver so Georgie and I are going through our shots. The best ones are hers the rest are mine....

A few small birds that I liked. The id may or may not be correct... confirmation / correction appreciated.

_85A4690-Spotted Towhee on ground@0,25x.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
    Spotted Towhee at Reifel bird Sanctuary shot with Nikon 850 with 200-500 f 5.6

_85A9192-female red winged blackbird in tree@0,25x.jpg

Female Red winged blackbird. ( I think due to the pointed beak) at Boundary Bay.

_85B3533-1 red winged blackbird on branch.jpg

Male red winged blackbird at Reifel Bird Sanctuary

_85B7483-1 red winged blackbird on shrub.jpg

another male red winged blackbird at Reifel
    _85A4659-1 black-capped chicadee.jpg

Black-capped chickadee at Reifel taking a break from eating berries.

Thanks for looking,

Cheers,
    alexis and Georgie Beagle

• Like Like x 2
  2. sharp eyes and catch light in every one, clean backgrounds and great feather detail, what else could you ask for

3. What a dramatic Towhee shot!

4. gorec

gorec

May 15, 2014
    UAE
    Awesome set of cute ones ,superb work !!(y)(y)

5. Randy, thank you for the kind words. The 200-500 works well for birds if you choose your background carefully, the background of #2 is a bit busy but the darn bird was in the middle of the trees...

Thanks Nick. The towhee was hunting for seeds on the ground so I just waited and kept shooting till he bounced into the light and looked my way. It was a really cold February morning.

Cheers,
    alexis and Georgie Beagle

6. I like them, especially the towhee.

7. Nice set. I love the chickadee. Those little rascals don't sit still very long.

8. Jeff1

Jeff1

Mar 26, 2017
    Ferndale, WA
    Jeff
    Nice series! I like the Towhee and Chickadee best. Jeff

9. Nicely done. I have not been to Reifel for many years. Is there much at Boundary Bay these days? When do the Short Eared Owls show up? Maybe this will be a good year for Snow Owls as well.

10. very nice..........

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.