1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Small birds of MI VI

Discussion in 'Merritt Island VI' started by johncarol, Feb 7, 2009.

1. johncarol

johncarol

Jan 31, 2006
    SW Florida
    Carolyns Kingfisher
    108963710.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Grey Gnatcatcher
    108963725.jpg

Scrubjay
    108963721.jpg

Yellowbutt
    108963726.jpg

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Lovely set John, especially the K-F. I've never been able to get that close to one of these devils. :rolleyes: 

3. johncarol

johncarol

Jan 31, 2006
    SW Florida
    Thanks Frank. I think she was too cold to move. There were many beak under the wing birds in the lee of the wind.

4. Hi John,

It is good to see some of the little guys, most of the time everyone seems to concentrate on the big birds. Nan & I try to get shots of the little birds too, but most are just good enough to look them up in Sibley for identification.

Bob & Nan

5. johncarol

johncarol

Jan 31, 2006
    SW Florida
    Thanks Alex, sorry he is not on my head.

6. johncarol

johncarol

Jan 31, 2006
    SW Florida
    Bob, I would like to say that was planned but those big birds were pretty scarce. A little better once the ice melted in the mornings. I patiently waited for a certain GBH for two hours and the little guys begain to think I was tree and got fairly close.

7. These are beautiful, John! That Kingfisher is something else! You nailed that shot perfectly! I think you're right, it was so chilly that the birdies were all shivering and wondering if they had mysteriously been transported back up North instead of being in customarily warm, sunny Florida! I'll bet some of them were thinking, "and I migrated here for THIS?"!!!

8. johncarol

johncarol

Jan 31, 2006
    SW Florida
    Not up to your standards yet, Louie, but still practicing. I thought you were on the list again?

Connie, nice talking with you. Hope you enjoyed the cold. That is not the FL I know. Learned not to turn on the windshield washer in the morning.

9. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    I thought I had posted earlier - I really like the king and jay - the jay shots I'm seeing are funny and the king shots are far and few in-between - what a beak for a small body - thanks for sharing...

10. KristinB

KristinB

Apr 12, 2007
    Stafford, VA
    Just beautiful!

11. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Excellent set John. It was a pleasure seeing you again.

12. johncarol

johncarol

Jan 31, 2006
    SW Florida
    Good to see you as well and taste your cooking again. Hope you found a use for the Corona? You ever get over to Ding?

13. DW Brewer

DW Brewer Guest

John:
    Nice job on the "Tweety birds." Good to meet up with you and Carol at Harry's and the dinner. It sure was nicer over on the West coast; temps like I came to Florida to experience!

14. johncarol

johncarol

Jan 31, 2006
    SW Florida
    Thanks Dave, yes I am sure the birdies were liking the warmer weather as well. My thin blood was not happy with the temps either-several duck into the car to get warm moments.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.