Small boy, new sled on new snow

Discussion in 'People' started by Jerry Snider, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Sometimes pure joy can replace the efforts of a poor photographer. Cannot defend the poor snapshots but will accept kudos for bringing joy to my grandson's face on his 4th birthday (with the help of new snow).

[​IMG]

Still learning to keep his rear on the sled

[​IMG]

Grandson and Grandma--pure joy on front, sheer terror on back!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"snowball" time! (and time to put the camera away!)

[​IMG]

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Jerry,

These are wonderful! I especially like Grandma's terror!!! I just love to see kids having fun! Thanks so much for sharing.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Your images are beautiful. Not a thing wrong with a one of them :>))

Great for the boy and Grandma.

wish it was me lolol Funnnnnnnnnn for sure.

thanks for sharing.

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Great little series...and I take my hat off for Grandma...for taking one for the team. She will probably admit that she would rather be doing something other than cascading down a snowcovered incline on a sled. But you have to have the highest respect for someone who is willing to risk some threat of injury for their grandchild...she's the best!:wink:

5. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Fun shots Jerry! Would've loved to seen one of the impending wipeout with you and the grandson! Sometimes snow CAN be fun! :cool:

6. These are great! what fun.
    Exposures are perfect too!

7. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Thanks for looking, everyone.
    Steve, you are absolutely correct--prior to these snapshots Chris and I slid down the hill (unintentionally backwards--things happen when all of the weight is on the back of the sled!) and I did a double backward somersault. Not good for the old neck for sure, but what fun! Chris ended up on top of me and was laughing so hard that I HAD to chuckle through the discomfort. These sleds are absolutely FAST! I was polite and didn't show Chris and Grandma at the end of their journey--a tangle of arms and legs and grandma was peeking up through a pile of snow giving me the "don't you DARE take a pic of this!" look. (I did anyway).

8. RForshey

RForshey Guest

What a wonderful series of shots! Grandma doesn't look to excited about things however!

9. I adore the one with grandma on the back. Terror may be but I'm sure she enjoyed it :)