Small Falls

This image was part of tiny falls in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Taken with a N70, and 35-80 on Fuji Velvia.

The composition just looked "right" to me.

Thanks for looking and constructive/negative comments greatly appreciated!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nice image Tom. I like the composition a lot. There is a sense of anticipated action happening here with the upper leaves transitioning to the lower ones via the waterfall. I like the color and and processing as well. I think the action of the water is just right, maybe even play with the shutter speed by 1/3 to 2/3 stops in either direction to see how that might affect the water blur. My 2 nits are this, 1) I feel the water blur itself could be brightened about 1/3 stop more and 2) the image size on my screen is a bit small. Otherwise, you have a great capture. Thank you for sharing.

God Bless,
David

Thanks for the look and comments.
I'll enlarge my next post a smidge; I hate to make images too huge.
Exposure wise, I have another version that is probably .5 stops brighter. I can't say I really prefer one over the other, they're just different.

Thanks again for your service. How much longer do you have to go? I did my 21+ and look back fondly on most of the experiences.

Take care.

Thanks for the look and comments.
I'll enlarge my next post a smidge; I hate to make images too huge.
Exposure wise, I have another version that is probably .5 stops brighter. I can't say I really prefer one over the other, they're just different.

Thanks again for your service. How much longer do you have to go? I did my 21+ and look back fondly on most of the experiences.

Take care.
You are welcome Tom. I hope to see the other image you do have even if it is "different". Sometimes different is good. As for me, I have 12.5 years in and just re-enlisted for another 6. I plan to do 20 and then retire out.

God Bless,
David

Dave:
Here 'tis

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)