Small Falls

This image was part of tiny falls in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Taken with a N70, and 35-80 on Fuji Velvia.

The composition just looked "right" to me.

Thanks for looking and constructive/negative comments greatly appreciated!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nice image Tom. I like the composition a lot. There is a sense of anticipated action happening here with the upper leaves transitioning to the lower ones via the waterfall. I like the color and and processing as well. I think the action of the water is just right, maybe even play with the shutter speed by 1/3 to 2/3 stops in either direction to see how that might affect the water blur. My 2 nits are this, 1) I feel the water blur itself could be brightened about 1/3 stop more and 2) the image size on my screen is a bit small. Otherwise, you have a great capture. Thank you for sharing.

God Bless,
David

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the look and comments.
I'll enlarge my next post a smidge; I hate to make images too huge.
Exposure wise, I have another version that is probably .5 stops brighter. I can't say I really prefer one over the other, they're just different.

Thanks again for your service. How much longer do you have to go? I did my 21+ and look back fondly on most of the experiences.

Take care.

Thanks for the look and comments.
I'll enlarge my next post a smidge; I hate to make images too huge.
Exposure wise, I have another version that is probably .5 stops brighter. I can't say I really prefer one over the other, they're just different.

Thanks again for your service. How much longer do you have to go? I did my 21+ and look back fondly on most of the experiences.

Take care.
You are welcome Tom. I hope to see the other image you do have even if it is "different". Sometimes different is good. As for me, I have 12.5 years in and just re-enlisted for another 6. I plan to do 20 and then retire out.

God Bless,
David

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dave:
Here 'tis

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom