Small house, big nature

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by ahoogerhuis, Apr 5, 2007.

1. ahoogerhuis

ahoogerhuis

Jan 19, 2006
    I'm travelling down the coast of Norway and in many places there are people having perched their house in some mind boggling places. These three houses are on the edge of an island south of Hammerfest and was the only pieces of man made things I could see. No road, no electricity, no nothing. People live in the strangest places.

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

-A

2. Wow Alexander, outstanding images that put things in perspective. The houses make the shot.

3. WOW!!! Talk about isolated! These images portray this very well.

4. ahoogerhuis

ahoogerhuis

Jan 19, 2006
    Thanks or the kind comments. Aparently they arent all that isolated, a mere ten minutes (and 5 miles over) they hav two neighbours... :D

[​IMG]

and next one

[​IMG]

It's getting social. ;)

And if anyone wonders how hard these images are to take, then image a cruise ship and this desk for a workplace for a week:

[​IMG]

All in all, best way of combining travel, work and a 200mm... :D

-A

5. Phew, must be pretty lonely out there. Now I know where to go if I really want to escape civilization. Awesome shots.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2007
  6. Nice shots - this would be my dream vacation spot, no one else around and a nice cozy cabin to snug up to a good book in. Some nice hiking too I imagine?