"Small" Panorama

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Harry S., Jul 30, 2005.

1. I haven't posted in this forum for a while - mostly due to scarcity of landscape pics I did recently. But this pics best belongs here I guess.

It shows the festival area of the open air musicals I shoot since 3 years (Jekyll & Hyde this year). The chief asked me to shoot a pic which shows the size of the stage and auditorium.

End of next week I will also do a 360° pano of the area for an animated web version.

This one was stitched from 4 images using PtGui. Shot with the 12-24 DX at 12mm and f/8. There are surely easier ways for stitching than with PtGui, but this software has the advantage that it corrects lens distortions, which is vital when using the 12-24 for panoramas.

original.
    I hope you like it.

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very nice pano, Harry. You folks that know your way around specialized software really impress me with your skills. Can't wait to see the 360 degree pano!

3. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Harry
    I like it can't wait for the others,did you have a good session dispite the cold?

4. Hi Hans!
    I hope I still get a chance to do the 360°, it all depends on the weather next week.
    If you want to have a look at all shots from the performance etc., go here:
    http://www.pbase.com/rovebeetle/jekyll