Smile!

Some different shots of a couple of dragons. D7000/20mm tube/TC1.4/105VR/R1 Handheld.

CSB_2761-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

CSB_2758-XL.jpg

CSB_2739-XL.jpg

Great shots, but is there a caterpillar hitching a ride? Shows up in #2 and #3.

Cool, I think you're right...!

Looks like it's got a good pincer hold in #3...! :tongue:

Thanks Gary!

I hate to disappoint you guys, but if you look at the first and second shots - its the same dragon. I shot several shots as I got closer knowing that at some point she would fly. See how her leg is lifted in the first shot? That is what you are seeing in the second too.

The third posted shot was a different dragon, but its her leg too. See below. Not a great shot, but it is from a different angle and I cropped it so you can see more clearly -

CSB_2738-XL.jpg

I hate to disappoint, but its her leg again. If she had been packing a hitchhiking caterpillar I would have submitted it to Nat Geo first.:biggrin:

Ah, OK that makes sense now that you explained it...

But for a minute there you were a hero...! :tongue:

These are excellent, I need to try harder when these things turn up in my garden this year.

I'm curious what type of tubes you are using as I'm thinking about getting some also and was looking at Kenko.

Ah, OK that makes sense now that you explained it...

But for a minute there you were a hero...! :tongue:

:mad::biggrin:

These are excellent, I need to try harder when these things turn up in my garden this year.

I'm curious what type of tubes you are using as I'm thinking about getting some also and was looking at Kenko.

Thanks! I use and love Kenko's. Everything works perfectly with them and they have proven to be very well built.

Thanks Gary!

I hate to disappoint you guys, but if you look at the first and second shots - its the same dragon. I shot several shots as I got closer knowing that at some point she would fly. See how her leg is lifted in the first shot? That is what you are seeing in the second too.

I hate to disappoint, but its her leg again. If she had been packing a hitchhiking caterpillar I would have submitted it to Nat Geo first.:biggrin:

Well, I thought that was one weird looking caterpillar. That explains it.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom