Smith Victor UK2 and RF603's

Got my kit a while back but just opened the box today. I am a bit confused on the most efficient method of putting my Rf603's with my sb800 on my umbrella kit. I did order the Stroboframe 300-405's as well but not sure how to set this up. Seems pretty straight forward without the triggers so do I have to use the flat plastic stand that came with my flash unit? Also do I run the risk of the flash falling off with the triggers? I googled a bit and I found some people are getting a cable and letting the triggers hang? Prefer no to do that but I'm open to suggestions. TIA

Why not just use the Stroboframe shoe on the umbrella mount, and mount the radio trigger in it, and the flash on that? Seems the way it is intended. The Stroboframe shoe clamps on the entire length of the foot, like a vise, extremely secure, nothing will ever fall out. And the Nikon rf603 shoe has the pin hole for the speedlights pin lever lock, nothing will fall out.

You could let the trigger dangle, or you could use the Nikon plastic foot, but the Stroboframe seems more perfect (stronger).

Real Name
Mike
Why not just use the Stroboframe shoe on the umbrella mount, and mount the radio trigger in it, and the flash on that? Seems the way it is intended. The Stroboframe shoe clamps on the entire length of the foot, like a vise, extremely secure, nothing will ever fall out. And the Nikon rf603 shoe has the pin hole for the speedlights pin lever lock, nothing will fall out.
This is exactly how I use my RF-602 and SB-900 setup with the UK2 kit. The extra height with the RF-602 doesn't cause any noticeable problems with the light distribution.

The aluminum block shoes (with side setscrew) on the Impact umbrella brackets are bad about the flash falling to the floor, but the Stroboframe shoe is the solution. :smile:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom