Smoke Alarm

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by EdMac, Apr 1, 2005.

1. This is a situation where an alarm system had a big impact on minimizing the loss during a house fire. This house is along a country road.
    I arrived late, so I missed all of the flame. The firemen performed a quick knock down. This call came into our station as a smoke investigation from the alarm company.
    Here is what I saw as I arrived.

18663505-M.

Here is the other side. Notice the flame at the base of the air conditioner.

18663506-M.

Here the firemen are wetting down any remaining embers

18663508-M.

More wetting down

18663504-M.

The interior of the house. I had to use the built in flash on the D100 and rely on DEE in Nikon Capture to pull out the detail.

18663510-M.

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Great shots! As bad as that looks, like you said, it could have been much worse. Thanks for sharing.

3. House Fire

Hi Leigh,

Thank you for your comments. Yes, it looks bad, but I believe it is repairable. At least no one was hurt.

4. Hey no loss of life is a godo deal. Again good PJ work