Smoke in the studio

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Ping279, May 6, 2007.

1. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Excellent. I love doing smoke shots. Yours are very nice.

2. Very surreal. These are beautiful. :smile:

3. You folks who have been doing these shots have some nice work to show. These are quite beautiful.

4. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Stunning shots. I have never tried this. Looks like silk.

5. Thanks. It's actually not too easy... with the AC blowing the smoke it makes it quite hard to focus on the smoke. It takes alot of patience. It's definitely woth the time and effort.

6. Thanks to everyone. Something I failed to mention; on a more technical note, all the shots were only slightly post processed, only cloning out sensor dust and unwanted smoke in the background. I used gels to get the smoke color. The color seen is how it was shot. Here was my setup:

7. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Great shots! I can feel another such session coming on...

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Those are just to cool:>))
    Like the first one best

9. Nathan, these shots are STUNNING !!!! I luv em. I think I must try this out some time.

10. Ya you are definitely right about that one. I know I will end up back in the studio... I just dont know what to try differently next time...

11. My favorite would be #2. Nice job with these.

12. Logan

Logan Guest

these are great... and on what you said " i dont know what to do next time..." try different processing... like this...
    hope you dont mind that i used your pic... just to show you what else can be done... if you do i will gladly remove...

xfj.

Great shots BTW!

13. Nice trick there, i'll have to keep the PP effects in mind. Nice rendering btw!

14. So I took logan's advice and tried some post processing of my own on one of the shots from my first smoke session... it was a quick edit, only taking a couple minutes. Here's what i came out with :

View attachment 94091

15. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow those are pretty too:>)))))

16. Absolutely stunning!!! I like both versions. :eek: :biggrin: :eek: