Smoke problem from California fire

This is not a pretty picture. It is smoke from the fires in California. At 7:00 AM there should have been sunshine. It was still dark outside at this time. The photo was taken at 7:45 AM. Terrible. It is now 9:2o AM. There is some sunlight but the sky is a dirty orange/brown color. The news says that over 2 million acres have burned.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

We are getting it up here as well, yesterday air quality was at 8 (hide inside) with today's wind change its a 3. Looks like you guys should be wearing a mask.

I am staying INSIDE, with air filters running on high.
And when I do go outside, it is with a N95 mask.
Someone asked me where I got my N95 mask. I told him that we have had forest fires with BAD smoke for the past 3 years. I got the masks 2 years ago, anticipating more fires.​

The stink part is, we have a heat wave now, so the house heats up. The only way to cool it down is to open the windows at night/early morning, when the temp is cooler. But then we let in the smoke :( So I have not been doing that, except for yesterday morning when the house was just too warm, and luckily the smoke level was down. Then I closed up the house at noon when the smoke level increased.

I have a friend - runner, not photographer - in Oakland and she has stopped going outside as much as possible.
If you run, you suck in more smoky air.
It is hard to suck in a lot of air fast, when wearing a N95 mask.
The dust and cloth masks are useless for smoke. Smoke particles are "SMALL."

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom