Smoke

Normally the view across the field that lies beside my house looks like this
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

But, this morning the smoke from the wild fires in SE Georgia and N. Florida started to come in. The view below is slightly to the left of the one in the top image.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'm about 150 to 175 miles away. I can't imagine what it must be like within 5 miles of it all.
Jarrell

Here in North florida it is very smokey. It is actually unpleasant to be outside. The smell is very strong.

Real Name
William Beem
It was thick in Orlando this morning. I went down to Disney's Wide World of Sports to shoot the Muddy Buddy race, and you could barely see. We had some blue sky for a while, but it went away by noon.

There's a Danskin Triathlon tomorrow. I'm hoping for better weather, but they start at 6:00 am. Probably can't see anything then, anyway.

praying everyone who is close to the fires stays safe. we just got back from florida around daytona area it was still pretty smoky

Jarrell, I hope your and Carol's lungs are managing through all this - tough to breathe. I'd be gasping for air if I lived down there.

On a side note, I've always loved your hay bales shot in that field - very calming photo.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom