Smoke

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jarrell, May 12, 2007.

1. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Normally the view across the field that lies beside my house looks like this
    But, this morning the smoke from the wild fires in SE Georgia and N. Florida started to come in. The view below is slightly to the left of the one in the top image.
    I'm about 150 to 175 miles away. I can't imagine what it must be like within 5 miles of it all.
    Jarrell

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Same down here in Fla Jarrell

3. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    I was wondering if it was, Gale. Not exactly a day for outside scenics.
    Jarrell

4. All the way to Miami. I was planning a shoot outside today. No go. Too hazy from fires.

5. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Here in North florida it is very smokey. It is actually unpleasant to be outside. The smell is very strong.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Jarrell at first it was the fires from Georgia ,then Florida caught on fire..yukkkkkk

7. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    It was thick in Orlando this morning. I went down to Disney's Wide World of Sports to shoot the Muddy Buddy race, and you could barely see. We had some blue sky for a while, but it went away by noon.

There's a Danskin Triathlon tomorrow. I'm hoping for better weather, but they start at 6:00 am. Probably can't see anything then, anyway.

8. LizBug

LizBug

Mar 3, 2006
    Atco,NJ
    praying everyone who is close to the fires stays safe. we just got back from florida around daytona area it was still pretty smoky

9. Jarrell, I hope your and Carol's lungs are managing through all this - tough to breathe. I'd be gasping for air if I lived down there.

On a side note, I've always loved your hay bales shot in that field - very calming photo.