S'mores (track and field images)

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Jeff Mims, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
  2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice shots
    Good action

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Jeffrey...have you been sandbagging us? These are great and the first is wonderful. The prime subject in the image should have this enlarged to post size for her room along with some smaller ones for the grandparents. Wow! We taked about the hurdling shots and these are working toward what I would want to capture. Now you gave me the nudge, I'm heading to the next track meet.

4. Frank, I think has been. I agree, the first one is a candidate for a poster.

Well done Jeff.

5. That first oen is fantastic Jeff you must be thrilled I liek the third all three girls legs are in the same position. Great job Jeff

6. Hey Jeff,

I hate to say that I told you so but, WOW! You are definitely making your mark with these track and field images. It seems that the more you shoot them the better the images that you are churning out. These are fantastic! Keep them coming!

7. WOW! These are really outstanding shots, Jeff! Heh, you aren't going to have any problem at all getting up to speed with Aperture because you've shot such wonderful images from the get-go, which makes post-processing a lot easier! VERY nice!!!

8. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Very nice stuff Jeff......That first one is top notch !! The last one made me laugh...All of them have their legs in the same position..

9. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Rod, thanks for the kind words. I don't know that I had much to do with the first shot, other than being in the right position. It just came out ok. Law of averages, I guess.:smile:

Now, the second shot, I made them run synchronized....:biggrin:
    (psstt....that one was just luck..don't tell anyone:smile: )

10. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Gale, thank you for the nice words. I appreciate all the encouragement you've given many of us here.

11. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Frank, MarkB ,Ty and Mike Mac....

:redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: you guys are making blush.

I won't get too swelled up, because even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    So the law of averages says, *every* shot won't be awful.:smile:

But seriously, thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. I have not "arrived", but thanks to all the help I get here, I can say "I've left".

At this point, I'm happy to know I may be showing some improvement. I'm not even close to the quality you guys (and others) post here. But I'd like to think I'm improving.

Thanks

12. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    I feel like I just got a good grade on my paper from my teacher. Just to explain to others, Connie has been helping me get started on Aperture and post processing. Any mistakes in the PP, are mine...but I'm learning.

Thanks, Connie, for the kind words and encouragement.