Smudge Painting in photoshop with portraits

Discussion in 'People' started by vincebeus, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Hi i posted this also in retouching forum here. But i wanted to share this with you all maybe you like the effect. I tried something different after reading something about smudge painting. I got some information and i read it quickly and because it is late at night here i did not had the patience to read the whole tutorial. So i started to just try it out and used some different brushes as smudge tool to make a sort of painting. Any comments or critiques or replies are welcome. It is my first attempt!

Original:
    --
    [​IMG]

Smudge Painting:
    --
    [​IMG]

http://www.innographx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18 for the tutorial maybe i can see some results of some real artistic people from this forum.

Finally made a update to my website to... it had to be time that i updated it a little bit :Depressed

Greetings,
    VinceBeus

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Bookmarked!

I think that is pretty cool Vince. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

3. Thank you very much Patrick.

Greetings,
    Vince

4. This is a very interesting effect. have to give it a try. Thanks, Vince.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Vince,
    I followed your thread at the retouching forum

I will say you have picked this up in record time. For a first try that is marvelous.

Did you see Alans tips around the eyes.

MY First time with the smudge thing looks worse than when my kids did finger paints.

My hat off to you for sure.

Beautiful job

6. Hi i think i missed Alans tips around the eyes. I must find that out thanks for pointing it out to me.

7. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Nice nice work Vince. Not wild about the goofy expression on the boy's face, but you didn't ask for comments on that did you? :cool:

8. Haha don't you like the goofy look on his face. Oh your so critical on me i stop photography. No without fun Steve i just took a photo to try it out it could be even better. And this is what happens if you do this at night hours. Then you don't see the same things sometimes as in normal hours.

I had two photoshoots again yesterday i made me shoot photo's from 10 in the morning until 5 in the afternoon non stop shooting photo's. And now i can post process them all again. And maybe there is a goofy shot for me to share with you in the next few days. Haha

Greetings and thank you all for being so kind,
    Vince

9. This is my first look at smudge painting so I didn't know what to expect. It certainly makes the eyes jump out at you and is pretty interesting as a concept. Thanks for sharing this stylized image.