Smudge Painting in photoshop

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by vincebeus, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Hi i tried something different after reading something about smudge painting. I got some information and i read it quickly and because it is late at night here i did not had the patience to read the whole tutorial. So i started to just try it out and used some different brushes as smudge tool to make a sort of painting. Any comments or critiques or replies are welcome. It is my first attempt!

Original:
    --
    [​IMG]

Smudge Painting:
    --
    [​IMG]

Greetings,
    VinceBeus

Finally made a update to my website to... it had to be time that i updated it a little bit :Depressed

2. Vince,
    I am curious about this as well but afraid to try it out of ignorance. Indeed the affect you achieved is interesting.

3. Interesting approach, Vince. I like what you've done. The eyes on this young gentleman really pop! Any chance you could find the link to the tutorial you used and post it?

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

4. Then i would say try it out because i am not good in painting. Better luck with making photo's so i am happy you like it. In the next reply i will post the link so you can look for yourself how it works.

I forgot to post the link in my original posting

5. Sorry Virginia,

I wanted to post the link in my orignal posting so here is the link i used with the information and i downloaded the brushes to give it a try.

http://www.innographx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18

If you try please post a result if you like in the near future in here so maybe we all can learn from each other.

Greetings,
    VinceBeus