Smugmug "Comments" Question

Until two days ago, I hadn't cleaned up or revised my Smugmug site in what seems ages. I ended up deleting a number of images and also adding a few new ones.

I hadn't received any comments on my website (about any of my photos) in about a year. But suddenly, after updating the website, I've gotten 11 comments in two days - all on the same photo. (And I don't think that I changed anything in the gallery that this photo resides in.) Moreover, most comments are of the two or three word variety.

Not that I'm unappreciative of comments about my photos, but I find the sudden interest in one particular photo that's been on the website for years (and not even one of my better ones IMO) strange. Yes - I'm a natural-born skeptic. And the conspiracy-theorist in me takes note that my annual Smugmug renewal is due in about a month.

Can someone explain to me what's going on? Why is one photo suddenly garnering so much attention? :confused:

Go to the 'Referrers' tab in Stats and see where the traffic is coming from. Or use Google Analytics to try and narrow it down even more.

McQ

Still looking to break 80 consistently.
Real Name
Glenn
Now might be a good time to do a Tineye or Google Image search to see if anyone else has been posting that photo on the web without your permission. That's the paranoiac in me coming out!

:wink:

It was the Referrers tab which pointed me in the direction of a forum in Eastern Europe a few years ago where a few people were using my images as avatars! Switching off 'External Links' for a few weeks got rid of that and it hasn't happened since but it should be obvious from looking at that tab if anything funny is going on.

Latest threads

Top Bottom