smugmug is FULLY OPERATIONAL.... hooray !

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by spalding12, Jul 20, 2008.

1. you can't upload
    but, at least folks can SEE your pictures

2. It's back to full function.

3. I have full service. I'm just glad to know my images didn't disappear from this glitch.

4. Fully running for me!!!!!!

Well done. SM responded well to this major issue. IMO.

5. I believe SmugMugs problems related to Amazon's S3 being glitchy/down and not SmugMug itself. Should be all good now.

6. you are correct
    it was an amazon.com server issue
    this was their FIRST REAL OUTAGE EVER
    so....
    it was bound to happen
    all is well with the universe now

thanks to all those who worked to get this fixed

7. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    Not really. Amazon.com (the storefront) went down earlier for a few hours about two months ago. That seemed to be a DOS attack. This time it was just an old fashioned snafu that took their s3 service down. And as a result, all web sites that depend on amazons s3 service.

It does show what complete bovine fecal matter that "99.999% uptime" is. You'll only need one event like this to ruin your record for the rest of the century. :biggrin: Me? I'm happy with 99.9% uptime.

8. It's been on and off all day..

It worked 20 mins ago, but now I am getting:

"Temporary Service Interruption

[​IMG]

The site you are trying to access is hosted by SmugMug.

We're having some temporary technical difficulties. We're working on them at the moment, and expect service to return shortly. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    We're fixing a problem with one of our database servers. We're working as fast as we can.
    We're not happy about it, of course, but we are prepared for it and expect there to be no data loss or any long-term reduction in service. You can learn more and follow our progess on our Support Forum and our Service Updates Blog.
    Thanks for your patience and understanding!

© 2008 SmugMug, Inc."

9. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Mine's not working!!!!!!!

10. It's 12:10 am Monday and my new site is down ... arrrgh! Just shot 1600 frames at a two day equestrian event and I've got people emailing & calling me (at least up to 4 hours ago) to see if the photos were up!!!!! Just my luck ...

Take care,
    Brent

11. They must still be having intermittent issues. At about 9pm PDT, some of my externally referenced image links were not rendering (hit Ctrl-F5, no dice). But image links from a different album were working. Go figure.

12. hmmmmmm
    it's 0524 EDT and it's working now.... i hope for good
    we'll see

13. If you read their status blog, they had to take the site down from around 10:15 PM Eastern until 12:15 Eastern, because they missed a step in bringing MEMCACHE back online. As of 12:15 or so, they are saying all is back to normal.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2008
  14. thanks for that update, mike
    i hadn't read the blog yet this morning

i appreciate you filling us in