smugmug is FULLY OPERATIONAL.... hooray !

I have full service. I'm just glad to know my images didn't disappear from this glitch.

you are correct
it was an amazon.com server issue
this was their FIRST REAL OUTAGE EVER
so....
it was bound to happen
all is well with the universe now

thanks to all those who worked to get this fixed

you are correct
it was an amazon.com server issue
this was their FIRST REAL OUTAGE EVER

Not really. Amazon.com (the storefront) went down earlier for a few hours about two months ago. That seemed to be a DOS attack. This time it was just an old fashioned snafu that took their s3 service down. And as a result, all web sites that depend on amazons s3 service.

It does show what complete bovine fecal matter that "99.999% uptime" is. You'll only need one event like this to ruin your record for the rest of the century. :biggrin: Me? I'm happy with 99.9% uptime.

It's been on and off all day..

It worked 20 mins ago, but now I am getting:

"Temporary Service Interruption

SmugMug-maintenance-growing.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The site you are trying to access is hosted by SmugMug.

We're having some temporary technical difficulties. We're working on them at the moment, and expect service to return shortly. We apologize for the inconvenience.
We're fixing a problem with one of our database servers. We're working as fast as we can.
We're not happy about it, of course, but we are prepared for it and expect there to be no data loss or any long-term reduction in service. You can learn more and follow our progess on our Support Forum and our Service Updates Blog.
Thanks for your patience and understanding!

© 2008 SmugMug, Inc."

It's 12:10 am Monday and my new site is down ... arrrgh! Just shot 1600 frames at a two day equestrian event and I've got people emailing & calling me (at least up to 4 hours ago) to see if the photos were up!!!!! Just my luck ...

Take care,
Brent

They must still be having intermittent issues. At about 9pm PDT, some of my externally referenced image links were not rendering (hit Ctrl-F5, no dice). But image links from a different album were working. Go figure.

If you read their status blog, they had to take the site down from around 10:15 PM Eastern until 12:15 Eastern, because they missed a step in bringing MEMCACHE back online. As of 12:15 or so, they are saying all is back to normal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

Top Bottom