Smugmug settings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steved53, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Hi,

Sorry for the double posting. I posted this on the Technical Forum, but afterwards thought it might get some more views here.

"I have just signed up for Smugmug and uploaded two photos. The originals are of similar nef quality. The first photo ended up as 400kb after resizing and looks o.k. with minor artifacts. The second one has ended up with unpleasant artifacts, even after increasing the jpeg quality and increasing the size to something like 1.6meg.

Does anyone know the ideal workflow to arrive at a quality image on Smugmug when starting out with a Nef?

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer. "

Regards,

Steve D.

2. dagored

dagored

May 4, 2005
    Ohio
    Could you post a link?

3. Carman,

You'll have to remind me how to post a link.

The address is: http://steved53.smugmug.com/

I know you put something at the end of the address, but for the life of me I can't think what.

4. Oh well!

I seem to have managed it.

Bytheway, I have been looking at some other pictures on Smugmug, and they also display artifacts.

My concern was that if I wanted to start selling any in the future, the potential purchaser might think the quality wasn't up to much and refrain from ordering.

5. Carman,

I've taken a look at your shots on Smugmug. The vacation shots look great.

Do you always save at around 100X75 pixels?

Have you got any tips?

6. dagored

dagored

May 4, 2005
    Ohio
    Sorry, I jsut got back. Big holiday here this weekend. As for posting:

Adding an image to a post
    phpBB BBCode incorporates a tag for including images in your posts. Two very important things to remember when using this tag are: many users do not appreciate lots of images being shown in posts and second, the image you display must already be available on the Internet (it cannot exist only on your computer, for example, unless you run a webserver!). There is currently no way of storing images locally with phpBB (all these issues are expected to be addressed in the next release of phpBB). To display an image, you must surround the URL pointing to the image with tags.

from: https://www.nikoncafe.com//forums/viewtopic.php?t=1073

Which photo is 1000 x 75?

These are the 4 x6 that I printed or had developed.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  7. dagored

dagored

May 4, 2005
    Ohio
    As far as artifacts, I do not know what you mean. Until recently, I shot only in jpeg. The photos from Alaska were all in jpeg fine. I had the camera two weeks. Just started shooting RAW two months ago.

8. Jez

Jez

Jun 22, 2005
    UK
    Hi Steve,

I just posted a reply over on the technical forum, then I just read this one.... :shock: