1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Snail mail wait

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by LindaZ, Jun 14, 2011.

1. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Not sure what I liked about this snap. Guess it's just unusual to my normal style..

Either way, what do you think?

[​IMG]

2. I really like it, very much indeed.

Its so beautifully composed, from an interestingly low position that pulls you into the world she's in. But it also has a slightly mysterious feel to it - like there's a bit of a story that we don't know about, which I really like.

Excellent all round. Instantly one of my Cafe favourites.

3. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    I like the image of her...but there seems to be an odd halo effect on the trees, rooftops and mailbox. Can't tell what it might be on this small of an image.

4. sambru

sambru In Memoriam 1957-2014

Great shot:smile: I noticed the halo's as well. Did you use some HDR treatment on this photo Linda?

5. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Thank you kindly Peter and Karen,

yeah I see that too, it probably comes from the Lightroom preset I used which darkened the sky. It is kind of annoying. Hmm

6. Very appealing image.
    Does indeed hint at a story.
    I think the image is strong enough to 'forgive' the halo's.
    Could be LR indeed. I've seen strange glows from Clarity or Recovery or Fill light.

7. I like the dark sky and halos - gives the photo a mysterious or ominous look. Very nice.

8. Like it, it has a real 50's look for some reason...

9. I like it a lot :biggrin:

More please!

10. pforsell

pforsell

Jan 15, 2008
    Timeless and sweet.

11. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    I like the side light, contrast & tone Linda. Freya is growing so fast & is adorable! The cross shape of the mailbox & its white color next to your daughter are the first things that occurred to me. All types of symbolism's going on.:smile: Nice job!

12. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Symbolism!! man...I like that. Thank you Steve :D  And thank all the rest of you who leave comments, it's very much appreciated. <3

13. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Slightly different edit and less strange halos :) 

p1065935061-5.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2011
  14. sathyva

sathyva

Feb 16, 2011
    france
    Love it !
    Keep them coming ! and let the unusual become usual :) 
    Best

15. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    @nd photo not showing up.....:( (

16. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    oops sorry maybe now

17. I like the first one way better--for many of the reasons the others have noted--but in particular it has an immediacy and it has a focus on her. There is something about her "smile" that matches the mood and the symbolism!! And the harshness.

18. Great job. Looks nostalgic to me....like back in the day.

19. tmldds

tmldds

Oct 20, 2010
    Texas, USA
    An Americana image! Very nice.

Tri:smile:

20. I love the contrast of light with the dark sky, and also the fact that the dress also carries out the contrasts. Nice shot!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.