Snake River overlook

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by bfullmer, Jun 1, 2007.

1. We enjoyed an early (and cold) sunrise with Terri and Greg French at the Snake River Overlook on Memorial Day.

This is the Overlook that Ansel Adams made famous. Mine doesn't do his (or Terri's) justice.

[​IMG]

It's fascinating to see how the light changes on the trees down by the river.

2. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Hey Brian,
    It's beautiful. It was cold, wasn't it! But the photo looks nice and warm with all that beautiful golden light.

3. Looking at this I hardly remember the cold. Thanks for looking.

4. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Brian, As I told Terri,

thanks for posting these nice images, a welcome view after the long day at work, Always love seeing this area, was only there the 1x back in 2000 before digital and I was shooting film, and didn't take near enough photos or as good of ones back then!

Keep up the nice work,

Wade

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    This is a beautiful landscape

Might try shadow highlight on it

6. I'm such a neophyte at PP (using Elements 3.0), I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the suggestion.

7. Nils

Nils

Mar 30, 2007
    Aptos, California
    That lighting is beautiful.
    nils

8. Thanks Wade. I've seen your work and consider that a real compliment.

You really should try to get back there sometime. Terri even suggested having a get-together up there. Sounds like fun!

9. Thanks again Nils. It just amazes me to watch how quickly the light changes as the sun rises or sets.