Snake

Came across this critter while turkey hunting in TX.

TXRattlesnake07small.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nice Western Diamondback buzz worm if I have my ID right. Pick em up and put it in your camera bag and leave the truck unlocked and make the world a better place. Look at those high keeled scales, that critter would feel like a hairbrush if you grabed him. Its hard to judge size, how long was he? Looks to be well fed. Cool post, keep em comming!

Last edited by a moderator:
Came across this critter while turkey hunting in TX.

TXRattlesnake07small.jpg

If I would have come across this guy while turkey hunting, the only turkey that I would have come home with would have been labeled "Butterball". Frankie does not tolerate snakes....you are a much braver person than I.

Respect Rooster32, great photo. The most dangerous things encountered in the UK are bushes with sharp thorns.

Best regards and take care where you step

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Respect eng45ine, great photo. The most dangerous things encountered in the UK are bushes with sharp thorns.

Best regards and take care where you step

Andy

:biggrin: you never shot adders then?..lol

Nah. They slither away and hide a thorn bush stands it's ground.
I've never seen one in the wild and I've done lots of walking in adder habitat. Just been unlucky I guess.
Best regards
Andy

Love crotulus sp., nice DB.

Only one that really makes me nervous is the Mojave. Have only seen two, and both got up on the wrong side of the bed. Before I got into photography, I have a friend with whom I spend time with each year moving snakes out of the way of the building freenze in So. Cal. The Red Diamond is the most mellow venomous snake I've ever seen, the large ones actually seem friendly:)

Here in Oregon we have Northwestern and Great Basin - treat them all with respect and watch from a distance - very cool.

Nice image.

I seem to attrack snakes. While hunting in MT a few years ago, I go struck at by a rattler while walking a fence line hunting Hungarian Partriadge. It was a little guy compared to this DB, but still caused a bit of commotion. Unfortunately that snake didn't fair as well, since the dogs got on to it, so we had to dispatch the snake for their safety.

Thanks for the comments...hope to post more photo's in the future!

Man I hate snakes...luckilly I don't have the "chance" to see them up here. If I came accross anything like the one you showed, the only thing you would hear is the sound of my heels kicking me in the butt as I would be running away like hell!!!

I love snakes..and especially rattlers!
albi.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom