Snaps around the house are fun . . .

Discussion in 'People' started by Joe Marques, May 11, 2005.

1. Well I just HAD to have the Canon version of my old nifty-fifty (50 1.4 - arrived today from B&H). It really is the perfect lens for around the house natural light shots. Sharpness is a real challenge with a fast moving bugger since it takes ISO 1600 and f1.4-2 just to get the shot (no room for error with that DOF).

Here's Luke having a little ice cream (a rare treat so he eats it in no time flat) - 20D - 50 1.4 @ f2 ISO 1600:
    [​IMG]

I'm a big boy, I'll feed myself. :D - 20D 50 1.4 @ 1.8 ISO 1600:
    [​IMG]

And here's Mom brushing his teeth just before bed - 20D 50 1.4 @ 1.8 ISO 1600:
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking; comments always welcome.

2. That is great Joe!! :D :D :D :D

3. What a cute little guy Joe, you have caught him to perfection.

4. Thanks Gordon and Bryan. :D

5. Hi Joe,

Maybe it's me (and this is NOT to start a us/them debate) but to me, it seems the photos with your new "Nikon" are creamier in nature than that old rustbucket you used to use. I really like the feel of the newer images to be honest.

No doubt though, if anyone questions the quality of either brand all they have to do is look at your results to know that the differences are behind the camera, not in them.

Glad you're still posting!

_/oe

6. Hi Joe,

Thanks for the kind words. Your observation is right on the money - "creamier" is the term I have used as well. I think the negative stereotype is "plastic" but I don't see it. The images are sharp with smooth tonality and good contrast. I'm happy so far and glad that I'm still welcome here (and my posts are taken in the proper light).

7. chrisb

chrisb

May 8, 2005
    NY
    Hi Joe,

1600 ? I'm impressed.
    Smooth with good color/contrast. Pops.

chris

8. I must admit I never really got the "plastic" thing. The 20D spits out very nice images. I still found I prefer the D70 et al, but I'd be happy with either one.

Nice shots. Nice looking boy. :)

9. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Yes, you are still welcome here....especially with shots as sweet as those...What sleepy eyes in that last shot!