Snobbish

Grabbed this one last Sunday at the Montreal NC Get Together. She was having her lunch at the park, noticed me taking her picture and just started to hesitate between complaisance and annoyance.
31700445-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nikon D70
2005/08/07 12:35:44
Compressed RAW (12-bit)
Image Size: Large (3008 x 2000)
Lens: 70-200mm F/2.8 D
Focal Length: 200mm
Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
1/500 sec - F/2.8
Exposure Comp.: 0 EV
Sensitivity: ISO 200
Optimize Image: Custom
White Balance: Auto
AF Mode: AF-S
Flash Sync Mode: Not Attached
Color Mode: Mode IIIa (sRGB)
Tone Comp.: User-Defined Custom Curve
Hue Adjustment: +3°
Saturation: Enhanced
Sharpening: Normal
Image Comment:
Long Exposure NR: Off

You caught a good one here Christian. So she caught you doing it, so what. I don't mean literally DOING IT but you know, taking her picture. :D

the B&W works well for this as does the narrow dof. one of my favorite types of shooting is just this. Must be the voyeur in me. the subjects undoubtedly call it lurking?

Thank you all. This is not the kind of picture I usually do - never been comfortable with it. It reminds me of the time when I travelled the Andes in the 70s with so many tourists litterally jumping on the "campesinos" to shoot them. On one occasion, a "peon" carrying a fridge on his back (!) was yelled by a tourist : "You stop there, I want to take that picture!". I couldn't take it to the point where one evening I entered a top notch hotel, went to the dining room and started taken pictures of the poeple. What a reaction I got !
I confess I felt authorized for this one - the inner ear caught her sayiing "OK for this one, as long as you keep it unnoticed".
I feel like I should re-pay her. She's a park attendant. Do you think I could go back and give her a 8x10 print ?

Your title nailed this one. I bet if you were to ask 10 people to name what this photo shows, a majority would agree with you. Great photo!

By the way, most definitely go back and give her a copy.

Ron

Latest threads

Top Bottom