1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Snow Buntings

Discussion in 'Birds' started by drr1531, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Snow buntings favor the same sort of farm land where snowy owls hunt. Captured these last winter in the same location when the owling slowed down.

D500 w/500mm f4

1)
    p2729563179-4.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2)
    p2729563178-4.jpg

3)
    p2729563176-4.jpg

4)
    p2729160885-4.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Great images Dan, love that first one.

3. 1 and 4 are fabulous.

4. 4 is my favorite.

Glenn

5. Jeff1

Jeff1

Mar 26, 2017
    Ferndale, WA
    Jeff
    Great shots! I like 1 and 4 best and I don’t think I’ve seen this bird before. Jeff

6. Pretty birds - I like 3 an 4 best.

7. Thanks, Louie. Sometimes being lazy pays off. It was so hard to catch individual birds that I just gave up and took some shots of the flock. Which represents them best anyhow.
    Thanks, Nick. It's interesting that they appear to be a lot more white when you see a flock but the still images show otherwise.
    Thanks, Glenn. It took quite a few frames to get decent BIF. Fortunately they start fluttering to drop air speed a good ways before landing.
    Thanks, Jeff. Not sure if they visit the PNW or not. If so not my comment above about how from a distance they look like a flock of white birds.
    Thanks, Allan. I never appreciated what pretty little things they are. Around home I typically only see them from afar.

8. Very nice set Dan!

9. Nice set.

I haven't seen any around here but according to the Merlin app there's a possibility of them.

10. Thanks, Binnur.
    Thanks. I'd think that country would favor them. Look for flocks of several dozen birds over open ground. When seen in a flock from a distance they really look white.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.