Snow Canyon State Park Video

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Really well done! That area looks really, really interesting! The hardest thing my husband had to learn about video was editing to get a concise product. That and choosing music to accompany the video is always a challenge.

Do you find that you can fly the drone in enough places to make it worthwhile? I assumed most places now ban drones......

Really well done! That area looks really, really interesting! The hardest thing my husband had to learn about video was editing to get a concise product. That and choosing music to accompany the video is always a challenge.

Do you find that you can fly the drone in enough places to make it worthwhile? I assumed most places now ban drones......
Thanks, Karen. No drones in National Parks which does limit flying significantly. State park regulations vary. I'm not really sure it's worthwhile, but it is a fun way to gain a new perspective when you can.

I'm obviously a video editing novice. Probably could have easily cut this down to 4 minutes and made it more interesting. It's much more impressive on my own screen in hi def. I think youtube degrades the video quality significantly.

You did really well! Justin learned Final Cut Pro (Mac). FWIW....Justin's website is here.....

Last year I wanted to get him a drone fir Christmas....but didn't. We are leaving for Tanzania in 2 weeks. Hmmmm....I wonder if they allow dones..... What are you using?
I bought a used Mavic Pro platinum on FM a few weeks before this trip in December of last year. My old DJI Phantom 2 had died and was a bit too big to travel with.

You did really well! Justin learned Final Cut Pro (Mac). FWIW....Justin's website is here.....

Last year I wanted to get him a drone fir Christmas....but didn't. We are leaving for Tanzania in 2 weeks. Hmmmm....I wonder if they allow dones..... What are you using?
Justin's videos are quite good! I enjoyed his editing style. Quick cuts with some still photos added in for interest. Has he considered using a gimbal to stabilize? I have a gimbal for my phone. It really elevates the quality of my iphone video.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Justin's videos are quite good! I enjoyed his editing style. Quick cuts with some still photos added in for interest. Has he considered using a gimbal to stabilize? I have a gimbal for my phone. It really elevates the quality of my iphone video.
Thanks! He (relunctantly - after my constant harping....!) uses a tripod and fluid ball head most of the time. LOL! At times he will use a monopod.... Of course, on the boat (Iceberg video) I thought he did extremely well shooting from the boat in rough waters.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom