1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Snow couple...

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Bohdan, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Just fooling around outside my window learning the new mirrorless system.
    Couple%20%20statue%20in%20snow%20096-X3.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Couple%20%20statue%20in%20snow%20065-X3.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nice. Like the first one the most.

Do you think boosting the exposure by about half a stop or so might help bring out the snow a bit more?

3. Thanks I agree..should boost exposure

4. The first one is quite nice. The exposure works well for me, so another half stop would probably give a different but nice appearance. When it comes to snow, the tone curve is almost always more important to me than the exposure to ensure that all the detail is revealed. One little tweak here and there in the curve can change everything about the snow.

5. I agree..even more of an influence when shot through a not so clean window.:) 

6. Great winter images, Bohdan!
    I like the first one best as well.
    The figures stand out better and the shape is nicely accentuated by the snow ridges.

You didn't go out into the snow :eek: 
    :) 

7. LOL..didn't go out for the first shot..second one yes.

8. Jeep Captain

Jeep Captain

Jan 28, 2009
    Indiana
    Couple%20%20statue%20in%20snow%20096-X3.jpeg
    Your meter is exposing for 18% gray and that's what your photo looks like...the snow is gray. I did a quick boost of exposure and tweeked contrast, shadows & highlights. If you want me to delete this, no problem.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I like #1 Bob. IMO Jeff's edit improved the image. You might as well play with the image a bit to find the best look to your taste :rolleyes: 

10. thanks I will.

11. I am seeing clipped highlights in the edit. Maybe something in between?

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.