Snow Day!

Discussion in 'People' started by Joe Marques, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Well I said I'd be back posting shots in November (oh well, a few days late). :smile: I had a great day today with the kids playing in the yard on fresh snow (7 inches - first "real" snowfall of the year). All shot with the 5D & 24-105L f4 wide open. Minimal processing in RSP 2006 with Magne's color engine profile and resized/sharpened in PS CS2.

Comments always welcome, thanks for looking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Those are great captures, Joe. Much like sports images, they are caught at peak action and also have really nice DOF. What looks like kids at play was captured very well. Great shooting.

3. The last one is a terrific action shot, Joe! Nice catch.

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

4. Joe, at least we still use the same apparel brand... :wink: :biggrin:

Great action freezers!

5. Joe, nice shots, but #5 especially has a very unique 3-d effect. Incredible!!

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful shots.

Canon 5 and RSE hummmmm
    Boy you sure have changed alot :>)))

7. Hi Joe to you and your family. No doubt about it I have missed seeing your posts. These are cute as can be and fun as well.

8. The photos are wonderful - very sharp and great captures.

But remember, this is the NikonCafe:wink:

9. It's a very nice place. The only thing that stinks about it is that terrible logo. What second rate hack designed that! :tongue:

BTW, thanks very much for the kind words.

Secret answer: yes, it's me. The Canon guy designed the Nikon Cafe logo. That's why I still post here. An old Nikon user from the past.:smile:

10. Thank you Frank. I was lucky to catch a few peak moments with only 3 fps. It was much easier with the D2H at 8 fps. Oh well, life is full of compromises. :smile:

11. Thanks very much UF. BTW, love the avatar. Was it inspired by the movie Bad Santa?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2005
  12. Thanks Panos. Be careful about the North Face comments - we might upset some Columbia wearers. :biggrin:

13. Thanks Kevin. I'm sure you see it with the D2X as well. These higher rez cameras with good glass just POP off the screen with detail and "3D" look - especially when reduced for web.

14. Hi Gale and thanks for the kind words. I haven't changed on the inside (although I'm pretty sure my hard drive is failing - where did I leave my car keys?). :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

15. Absolutely. I took it 2 years ago, right after I saw the movie. Here's the whole composition, taken with the CP5700.

16. Thank you so much Gordon. I look forward to our frequent exchanges here at the Cafe going forward. :smile:

17. Great shot! Love it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2005
  18. Superb images, Joe. Thanks for sharing them, and good to see you around these parts again. :smile:

Still not regretting your Nikon gear (kidding, of course...)? Keep your pics coming, even with that "lowly 5fps" camera of yours. :eek:

19. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

All of them are nice crisp shots !

20. These are really good shots Joe...I like the last one the best. It is the funniest picture in a while I have seen. I actually feel for her because I remember those days well a very long time ago.

Perfect color, contrast and exposure on all of these.