Snow in April

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yahtzee, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Easter weekend and we wake up to snow. In the 80's earlier in the week but this morning gave me a nice chance to play with snow, tulips and my 85 1.4.

[​IMG]

2. Nice one. I wonder if they will recover from the freeze? I guess so?

Weather is freaky for our location. 32F and tiny chance of some sleet and snow. That is wild. Our hummingbirds seem to be freaking out a bit. They keep coming up to the window and saying we want in. LOL. They are very poofy looking. Little fat balls of feathers. They are feeding like crazy. Maybe I should put a little rum in their feeders to warm them up???? LOL. And of course, I am kidding (about the rum anyway).

3. HAC_X

HAC_X Guest

Heck.. you should live up here, I've seen snow in August!

Cheers
    Harold

4. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    We got 3/4" last night - a record for 4/06.

5. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Love the shot...but would've love to see more than just one tulip somewhat in focus. Perhaps just take a wide angle shot of all the tulips or focus on just one with the snow on it.

I love the idea.

6. We've seeen snow flurries this morning! just about everyone is caught off guard! The birds, the kids, and us! Glad we're not 4-wheeling today! Yesterday was cold enough! LOL

7. Up north I can understand, South Texas dunno? Next weekend I am sure we will be up to 95F and then I will wish for colder weather again.

8. LOL, I'm in Collin County

9. LOL, Dianne. Yes you are. Makes me laugh though. Actually, I was more referring to Harold up there in Canada. But heck maybe you are more north than I am. So I will also refer to you as being up north.

10. Heck, we had a cold front come in last night and now it's a freezing 74 degrees:biggrin:

11. :biggrin:

12. Great shot! :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: Yes, snow here today but not THAT much! Will this winter EVER end!!???

I'm comin' to YOUR house! :biggrin:

13. Here is a shot after bringing them inside.

[​IMG]

14. Love that shot!
    I live not far from you, bought a lawn mower yesterday..... kinda useless today!

15. It's frigid out and near blizzard conditions in MI! I'm freaking out, as I took the boat out last weekend, and desperately hoping for some warmer temps! Space heater is under the cover running full time protecting the engine and other components :(

16. We're still getting snow flurries! :confused:

17. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Did I ever mention that I hate winter?

18. ROFL!:biggrin:

19. Many of trees are struggling with the weight of the ice. I hope they make it through the night.

20. This cold weather says a lot about global warming, ehh?

Nice photos! :smile: