Snowing outside here so I bought my wife some flowers..

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Bohdan, Apr 3, 2007.

1. So I could have something to photograph.....err I mean "the flowers are for you dear!!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I like the last one best..

I am not much for macro inside flower stuff...lol

3. Beautiful Bob. Nice rich colors. Do you mind sharing the setup?

Thanks,

4. Thanks Gale...We have to make do with what he have...snow outside today and no flowers yet.

5. Thanks Brian...
    Here's the set up...I used a home made light box mounted on the dining room table- instructions on how to make one are here: http://www.pbase.com/wlhuber/light_box_light_tent

For the backdrop I just used some black felt fabric picked up at a local fabric shop.
    Wasn't too much natural light coming in the window so I set up two 500 watt halogen lights - one on either side of the light box tent. Played with their direction until shadows were minimized.
    Then I shot with my d200 and SB800 flash with a Gary Fong diffuser pointed straight up to the ceiling.
    Lenses used were: Nikon 105 f2.8 vr and 70 -200 f 2.8 vr with the Canon 500D close up attached.
    All shots were handheld ( my son had my tripod out in the trunk of the car.)

So that's pretty much it...other then to remember to set the WB to flash from my normal AW and remeber to adjust the EV according to what the histo shows.

Does this help?

6. Yes, it sure does. Thanks Bob.

7. Great Shots, i have also made up this light tent and use it heaps, good fun!
    Cheers Dave.

8. Thanks Dave. Yes the light tent is a handy little set up. Kudos to the poster who provided the plans - simple enough to make and set up.