Snowmobile advice wanted

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F15Todd, Sep 18, 2005.

1. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    :eek:
    It's probable been close to 20 years since I have been riding, but we are starting to look for a snowmobile. Most of the time we will be riding on groomed trails since Idaho has the most groomed trails of any western state, but every now and then we will be going off in to the wild. I'm looking for one that I can put a rider on the back and they will have some comfort.

Any recommendations?

2. Good luck with this. It's kinda a ford vs. chevy thing, at least around here (alaska). I would recomend Ski-do. However there will be others who swear by polaris or yamaha etc. When choosing a machine remember that a big trail sled may go off into the powder but if you get it stuck have fun getting it out. If you buy a trail sled buy a small and light one that you can move by yourself if you get stuck off trail. Or just splurge and get one of the mountain sleds and never ever worry about that. :smile: you won't get stuck but you may get some dirty looks for tearing up trails.

3. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    While I don't know much about snowmobiling, I will admit that it looks like a lot of fun. Michael Reichmann did an article on Yellowstone in Winter a couple of years back that I really liked a lot and he goes over the pros and cons of snowmobiles in the park.

-JM