Snowy Coming at You

This is one from 2018 that I hadn't processed. It was a tad soft so it's been sitting there waiting for a time when I had nothing better to do. Like while under quarantine...

I really love these birds.

D500/500mm f4G/handheld

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The bird looks sharp enough and the softness around it suits the image very well Dan. Also lovely light and composition.
Thanks, Binnur. Yes the lighting worked on this one. At this resolution it's plenty sharp.
So beautiful. Well done.
Thanks, Bill.
Soft??? Looks good to me. Terrific capture.
Thanks, Allan. Soft is a relative thing. There's not enough feather detail on the face to print it large. As opposed to the same bird a few frames closer(previously posted) which I print in large format on metal and is tack sharp.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Wonderful Dan.
Thanks, Ron.

I never tire of looking at these birds. Well caught!
Thanks, Nick. I absolutely love them. Fun to shoot too. They seem to habituate to your presence pretty quickly and just ignore you. Which makes it a lot easier.
Lovely! I'd trade you several shots from Africa for ONE great snowy image! LOL!
Thanks, Karen. Canada is a lot shorter flight than Africa. Though what you save on airfare you have to spend on down filled nickers and packs of hand warmer.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Thanks, Karen. Canada is a lot shorter flight than Africa. Though what you save on airfare you have to spend on down filled nickers and packs of hand warmer.
I've got all the gear for very cold weather. I maxed out when I was getting ready for Iceland in February! LOL! I feared I would freeze to death! :eek: Glenn Nagel kept telling me Iceland was warmer than Chicago! But I bought boxes of warmers anyway!

It looks horrible Dan, what where you thinking of showing us this horrible image:D. Keep them horrible images coming Dan.

Last edited:
It looks horrible Dan, what where you thinking of showing us this horrible image:D. Keep them horrible images coming Dan.
Didn't intend to say it was not a good image. But everything is relative. When coming back from a trip when I've done a lot of shooting I tend to pull out the images that I can process straight in LR. Which pretty much means they have to be sharp SOOC. The ones that need additional processing have to wait until I have the time. Like now...
You've done a terrific job with an owl I hope for every year will return to this area.
Thanks, Louie. I wish they'd visit you every year.
Beautiful capture, Dan!
Thanks, Dossy.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom