Snowy Egret Attitudes

I spent a productive hour at the lake today.. It's a rush whenever you can grab a sharp picture of a Snowy Egret.

42297925.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Even better when they're showing some attitude.

View attachment 7604

View attachment 7605

But best of all, when they're flying!

View attachment 7606

All shots with the Nikon 80-200/2.8 AF D and Kenko Pro 1.4x teleconverter.

Thanks, Gordon! I didn't have time to wait for the best light, but the Snowies were very cooperative today 8).

42297922.gif

View attachment 7608

View attachment 7609

Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

I hate you guys that have exotic waders that live in your back yards. :? I'm so tired of shooting pigeons and Canadian geese. :cry: OTOH, it's just a little over a month until I get to go down and visit Harris and shoot the wonderful birdies in Florida!! :D It's just a shame that I have to drive 13 hours to get shots like you can get every day. :evil:

Great captures Frank.

Hey Frank. I hate to say this, but I'm already older than you and Harris put together. :lol:

Frank

Flew said:
Hey Frank. I hate to say this, but I'm already older than you and Harris put together.

Cool! Then it's time to hand in your timecard, and smell the roses 8).

And if you don't like Florida, there's lots of birding opportunities in northern California, too.

42303819.gif

Hey I think Flew has something here, that is not fair........ man would I like to get an opportunity shooting these things, let alone hummers. You and Harris make a guy want to take up drinking :^ )
One day, in the mean time keep them coming. i wonder how many hours for me, Frank 13 hours driving, me think I could do it in 13 days. LOL

Good images Frank. Lovely birds. I agree with you Flew. I get tired of shooting the same birds day in and day out. I guess we have to travel to get the shots. Not a bad thing to do from time to time.

Gil

HEY UF

Wait till they fix my camera man.

The snowies have once again arrived for the summer and I'm primed :)

These are excellent shots....and they're making me even worserer antsy!

I can't wait to seem them Jim, but when you start posting Snowy Egret pictures from your d2h/500mm rig, I'm going to revert back to hummingbird pics. That's the only way I'll be able to avoid a dual case of Camera & Lens Lust :shock:.

nice shot UF. Here's one of my snowy's:

original.jpg

Backdoctor said:
nice shot UF. Here's one of my snowy's:

original.jpg

Hey Harris, I thought that we agreed that we wouldn't post any more pics unless they were in focus and really sharp. 8)

I mean Jeez, I cut myself on this shot. I just got back from the emergency room. Had to get 27 stitches.... :lol:

Great shot!!

Hope Mary is doing better.

Frank

Mary was doing OK till last night. She feels this thing coming on again. She seems to go about 5-6 days then gets an episode. We're trying some of this lactulose to help her go to the bathroom. Seems her stomach doesnt empty or something like that.

Thanks

Latest threads

Top Bottom